Arizona Backyard Beekeepers Association was founded in 2017 and exists to teach and encourage better methods among the backyard beekeepers of Arizona, to promote cooperation and sharing, to reach a common understanding regarding our problems and their solutions, and to stimulate the interest of the general public in the advantages and benefits of beekeeping.
We encourage the study and research in Apiculture with an eye towards better methodology, increased production, public safety and improved marketing.
We also aim to participate in outreach activities including special events and visiting schools to teach and inform the general public relating to honey bees and the beekeeping industry.
Arizona Backyard Beekeepers Association is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization serving the beekeeping community in Central Arizona and the surrounding areas.
ABBA Constitution and Bylaws
ABBA Articles of Incorporation
ABBA Conflict of Interest Policy
ABBA Offers the Following:
- Monthly meetings with timely beekeeping topics (free and open to the public)
- Community Education through ABBA neighborhood beekeepers, presentations at schools, garden clubs and other organizations
- Honey sales at local events and fairs
- Beekeeping classes
- Hands On Learning with volunteer mentors
ABBA Members Enjoy:
- Honey Extractor usage
- Opportunity to participate in ABBA beekeeping research studies
- Discounts on beekeeping publications
- Voting privileges for officer and trustee selection
- Bulk purchase discounts
- Forum Participation
Membership and Meetings:
- Annual membership is a $15. ABBA is a 501(c)(3) organization and dues are are tax-deductible as allowed by law. Join or Renew today!
- ABBA meetings are held throughout the valley. Click here for our calendar of events, including meeting dates and locations
Board of Directors
Executive Director: Cricket Aldridge
President: Allen Nearing
Vice President: open
Expert Advisor: Dr. Osman Kaftanoglu
Board Member At Large: Michi Kunugi-Wang